|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
Barometer of Spiritual Progress
Sri Swami Sivananda
Here is an infallible barometer to find out the degree of your spiritual progress. How would you feel, if:
- Your clean hands or best clothes are stained.
- You stumbled down or commit a blunder and are laughed at.
- You are hurt accidentally or stung by an insect or scorpion.
- You suffer from illness or pain.
- You do not succeed in your efforts.
- You do not get a thing that you want, or find that some thing you possess is missing.
- You are kept waiting for a long time by some other person.
- You are insulted or abused for no reason.
- Others fail in their duties towards you.
- You suffer a loss or bereavement.
If none of these can disturb your peace of mind and you are indifferent to them, you have won the struggle and achieved 50% self control. God sends trials and troubles to strengthen your character: Greet them and test yourself.
Issued by Chandrasekhar
DLS branch, Raurkela, Orissa, India, 1972.
Last Updated: Wednesday, 09-Nov-2016 20:06:35 EST
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :