|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go Back
Book Code: EC27
Paperback: 231 pages
Book Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.50 inches
Shipping Weight: 300 grams
Walk in This Light
Early Morning Talks from Swami Chidananda
Table of Contents
Quotes from Walk in This Light (Back Cover) Publisher's Note (5) Editors' Introduction (6)
Section One: This Awakening Light
1. Undying Devotion 15 2. Equipoised, Balanced and Practical 19 3. Seek and Ye Shall Find, Ask and It Shall Be Given 23 4. The Eternal Now of the Timeless Present 28 5. So Much to Be Thankful For 31 6. Life Is a Gift 34 7. Divine Grace is Ever Blowing, Unfurl Your Sails! 39 8. Always Shine Like Gold 43 9. The Eternal Message of Ganga and Himalayas 46 10. Correct Hearing 49
Section Two: The Light of Lights Beyond all Darkness
11. Sri Gurudev 55 12. Be Sincere and Persevere 60 13. The Remover of Darkness 63 14. We Are Supremely Blessed 67 15. If Just for a Day 71 16. Enter into the Mansion of Sadhana 76 17. Total Renewal and Transformation 82 18. You Are Ever United with God 86 19. From Darkness Lead Us Unto Light 91 20. Walk in This Light 95
Section Three: The Dawning of Knowledge
21. True Knowledge 103 22. Be Up and Doing 109 23. The Transformation of the Old Personality 112 24. One Alone Is 115 25. The Glorious Example of Adi Sankaracharya 119 26. We Are the Beneficiaries 124 27. Well Begun Is Half Done 130 28. Reflect Deeply Upon Wisdom 132 29. One’s Own Friend and One’s Own Enemy 137 30. Let the Light Shine 141
Section Four: Within You Shines the
31. The Knowledge that Liberates 147 32. Ascent Towards the Divine Light 152 33. My Devotee Is Dear to Me 157 34. Guru, Ganga, Gayatri, Gita and Gomata 160 35. Invoke That Being Manifest in Us 164 36. Virtue, Wisdom and Perseverance 168 37. The Jivatma Returning to Its Source 173 38. Study Yourself 176 39. Truthfulness and Obedience 179 40. Reality and Not the Appearances 183
Section Five: Illumined with Divine Wisdom
41. The Wealth of Wisdom in the Scriptures 189 42. Constant Vichara and Viveka 194 43. Making a Solemn Pledge 200
44. A Keen Interest in One’s Liberation
203 45. The Universal Prayer, Twenty Spiritual Instructions, Sadhana Tattva 207 46. Testing One’s Spiritual Progress 211 47. What Divine Life Is 216 48. Vedanta in Our Practical Day-to-Day Living 220 49. Counting One’s Blessings and Good Fortune 224 50. Victory Will Be Ours 227
‘Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya—From Darkness Lead us unto Light’ is the constant prayer and intense aspiration of all earnest seekers.
With great pleasure, we offer our new book ‘Walk in This Light’ to all sincere spiritual aspirants and seekers to illumine their path unto the Supreme Eternal Light. The book contains 50 inspiring early morning meditation talks delivered by Worshipful Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj at the holy Samadhi Shrine during the year 1988 and 1989.
Walk in This Light, to be illumined with divine wisdom and to attain the Light of lights.
—THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY
It is with great joy that we celebrate the Centenary of Revered Sri Swami Chidanandaji, and it is to honour this occasion of joy and celebration that this new book, Walk in This Light: Early Morning Talks from Swami Chidananda, is being presented.
Whenever Swamiji Maharaj was in residence at the Sivananda Ashram, he would come to the early morning meditation in the Samadhi Shrine and give a talk to the devotees assembled there. Those of us who were privileged enough to have been present at many of those talks know how powerful and inspiring they could be. But to be entirely accurate, we could not actually say that Swamiji gave ‘talks’ as such. It was more in the way of a sharing, an offering, a being together worshipfully in the presence of God and Gurudev. Swamiji did not speak about a subject so much as he communicated directly with people. Just what was needed was provided.
The talks from Swamiji that constitute the main body of this book took place for the most part in 1988 and 1989. It was obvious from reading through the talks while preparing the book that there was an overriding theme that keep coming up over and over again—that of light. Frequently Swamiji would make reference to the "light that is within" or "the light of lights beyond all darkness," and it was clear that this focus on light was not a casual or merely passing one, and it is for that reason that the title of the book, Walk in This Light, seemed most appropriate.
The book consists of fifty chapters divided into five sections, and each of the sections makes reference to some form of light or illumination: "This Awakening Light," "The Light of Lights Beyond all Darkness," "The Dawning of Knowledge," "Within You Shines the Ever-Present Reality," and "Illumined with Divine Wisdom." The chapters themselves are generally quite short and are thereby easy to read and assimilate, and one can read them repeatedly, each time gaining a new insight or angle of vision.
We, the editors, would like to thank all the wonderful and devoted people who served in bringing this book into being, but most of all we would like to thank Sri Swami Chidanandaji! We want to thank him most particularly for his life of service and teachings, a life which is being most joyously celebrated in this book.
Quotes from Walk in This Light
Perfect yourself; that is the greatest gift to God. Be yourself and let your life be your own. Draw strength and light from all directions.
What God has given to us, He has not given to even one in a million. The extent of the grace and benedictions He has showered upon us is something that cannot be appraised; it is beyond evaluation.
God is the eternal source of infinite grace, and we have to take heart in this great truth experienced by all the sages and seers, which is that this breeze is available to all boatmen. How you use it is up to you, but it is available to all alike—good and bad, saint and sinner.
If you wish to progress upon the path of devotion in your spiritual life, Bhakti must be practiced gradually, little by little. Even ‘little by little’ will save you from great fear and great sorrow. You yourself have to make the effort, you cannot expect any extraneous force to do what has to be done yourself.
Swami Sivananda is present in you in his concept of Divine Life and as "Be good, do good, be kind, be compassionate, enquire who am I, know thyself." To Swami Sivananda in the form of this illumined, elevating, powerful spiritual teaching, I offer my obeisance, my salutations and my adorations.
Perseverance is the one thing needful. Perseverance is a heroic virtue, and it is sincerity that enables one to keep on persevering. Where there is sincerity and earnestness, perseverance follows.
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go Back
Last Updated: Tuesday, 09-Oct-2018 05:20:35 EDT
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :